zaterdag 25 juli 2026

 https://www.facebook.com/reel/739843352551289



--
Since taking just one pill of this antibiotic at age 34, the young man has been terribly weakened. He took it for a suspected urinary tract infection. Two hours later, he experienced very severe chest pains, which immediately alarmed him, especially since the leaflet described this type of side effect. At the emergency room, they told him it was probably an allergic reaction, but two or three days later, he developed excruciating joint pain in his Achilles tendons and knees, to the point where he couldn't walk. He was bedridden for at least three weeks—a truly hellish experience. It was really serious. For the past year and a half, Luc has been suffering the aftereffects of his antibiotic, a fluoroquinolone, a link established by experts in the side effects of this medication. Luc's disability has reached such a level that he has moved back in with his parents; their help has become essential. It's like I'm a prisoner in my own body. At first, well, I made the effort to eat on my own despite the pain. But then it became impossible, and I couldn't eat by myself anymore. So my parents do it, and I manage a little on my own, but not for long. Everyday routines are essential. I mean, you can't just tell me to stop brushing my teeth—I mean, quickly—it's part of basic hygiene. The pleasure of taking a shower or a bath by myself—I haven't experienced that in four months. This situation is all the more unacceptable because Luc should never have taken that antibiotic. In 2019, faced with thousands of other victims of irreversible side effects, health authorities restricted its use to serious infections. But a report has just shown that more than 60% of prescriptions still don't comply with these rules. Given this observation of the still inappropriate use of fluoroquinolones, discussions are underway, particularly with the Ministry of Health and the ANSM (French National Agency for Medicines and Health Products Safety), to see how professional practices can evolve towards a reasoned and reasonable use of these antibiotics. The goal is to avoid exposing patients to these adverse effects when they don't need them. Like Luc, all members of the Fluoroquinolone France association hope that effective prescription controls will soon limit the number of new victims






Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten